Saturday 16 March 2013

Ibn Abu Layli reported:




Ibn Abu Layli reported: Eisa ibn Musa said to me (and he was a religious man who was severe in his tribalism and bias toward the Arabs), “Who is the jurist of Basra?” I said, “Al-Hasan ibn Abu Al-Hasan and Muhammad ibn Sireen.” He said, “What are these two?” I said, “They are both not Arabs.” He said, “Who is the jurist of Mecca?” I said, “’Ata ibn Rabah, Mujahid, Sa’eed ibn Jubair, and Sulaiman ibn Yassar.” He said, “What are they?” I said, “They are not Arabs.” He said, “Who is the jurist of Medina?” I said, “Zaid ibn Aslam, Muhammad ibn Munkadar, and Nafi’ ibn Abu Junaih.” He said, “What are they?” I said, “They are not Arabs.” His face began to change and he said, “Who is the jurist of Quba?” I said, “Rabia and Ibn Abu Zinad.” He said, “What are they?” I said, “They are not Arabs.” Then his face started to get red and he said, “Who is the jurist of Yemen?” I said, “Tawus and his sons.” He said, “What are they?” I said, “They are not Arabs.” His face became even redder until he calmed down and he said, “Who is the jurist of Syria?” I said, “Makhul.” He said, “What is Makhul?” I said, “He is not Arab.” He began to sigh heavily and he said, “Who is the jurist of Kufa?” By Allah, if I did not fear evil from him, I would have said Hakim ibn Utbah and Ammar ibn Abu Salman but instead I said, “The jurist of Kufa is Ibrahim ibn An-Nakha’i and Ash-Sha’bi.” He said, “What are they?” I said, “They are both Arabs.” He said, “Allah is the greatest! Had not you said that, I would have expired!”
[Ibn Abdu Rabb, Al-‘Aqd Al-Fareed Juz Thani]

online Quran teaching
www.Quran322.tk
skyep.. ubaid322
www.facebook.com/Quran322

No comments:

Post a Comment